I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 26 February 2017

Winter blossoms



A friend and I visited the RHS gardens at Harlow Carr near Harrogate, again. It was cheering to see the wonderful colour in their winter planting. I hope you won't get bored of photos from there because it is going to be one of my favourite destinations, now that I have time to 'play out'.

These are: Witch hazel (Hamamelis - 'Jelena', I think), their quirky blooms like lots of little fireworks, and Viburnum x Bodnantense - 'Dawn' (again, I think... I really should photograph the labels as well!) with their fragrant pink blossom made up of hundreds of tiny flowers. There was such a wonderful sweet, almost honeyed, fragrance in the air and yet it was hard to track down to one plant.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Jenny! It is amazing that such fine and delicate blossom survives in winter. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see flowers at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a witch hazel tree in my West Hartford home. It blooms very early in the winter in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete