I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Audley Clevedon


I went to visit a friend who lives in Ben Rhydding, a village near the spa town of Ilkley. Although it was a dull and drizzly day, we went for a short walk up to Audley Clevedon, a luxury retirement complex. I'd actually never heard of it before but it is set in a stunning location, high up on the edge of the moor and with wonderful views across the valley. It consists of about 90 new houses, cottages and apartments, all built to a high specification. Properties are sold on a lease, with maintenance of the property and the surrounding gardens all taken care of. At the centre of the complex is an older building, which used to be a preparatory school. Now it is a clubhouse with a luxury hotel feel. It has a restaurant/bistro, bar, swimming pool, gym, spa, library and comfortable lounges for use of the residents. The restaurant and bar is also open to non-residents so we enjoyed a coffee in elegant surroundings, looking out over the terrace at the lovely view. 

This retirement lark has its perks! Although I couldn't afford to and would not wish to actually live in a place like Audley Clevedon, I can see its attractions. 



7 comments:

  1. What beautiful landscaping! I love the lavender umbrellas too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems a bit cruel to site a retirement home on top of a hill. OK, sour grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a place! It is too early for me, but at the right time I wouldn't have a problem with being there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny I have just read that a photographer like yourself in Wyke, Bradford has just had his car broken into all his photo equipment worth over GBP 1000 stolen. Please be careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never leave my camera in the car and I'm well-insured.

      Delete