I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Harvest home



The harvest was in full swing whilst I was exploring Warwickshire. Not a common sight in West Yorkshire where I now live, this is a scene I remember from my childhood in the Midlands. The huge high-tech machines they use nowadays are a sight to behold, though I never saw a combine harvester near enough to take a photo. I daresay the combines could do it all by themselves, like the robotic lawnmowers and vacuum cleaners you now see advertised; they appear to need little human input. I love fields and big skies so I was refreshed by that wonderful sense of space.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture
    When I say cut hay waiting to be gathered, I want to throw it in the and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great weather for them to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos and especially this one. I actually got to ride on a harvester a number of years ago. It had a very sophisticated computer system! I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete