I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 2 May 2010

Skywatch Saltaire

There have been some dramatic skies in the last few days over Saltaire - that lovely combination of sunshine and rainclouds that is so characteristic of April in England. (OK, it's May now, I do know that!) I took this scene from my own doorstep. It's more or less the view I get from my bedroom window when I'm sitting up in bed. The window faces east and I do love those weekend mornings, when I can open the curtains a little and enjoy the sunshine streaming in. Time to gaze at the sky, watch the busy birds and contemplate the beautiful trees. I relax against the pillows, hugging a mug of tea and planning how to fill the precious weekend hours. It's lovely to ease into a new day like that, instead of leaping out of bed at the behest of the alarm clock.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the way to begin the day in the morning! and I envy you those cloudy skies, exactly the kind of weather I love, and have not here!
    Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! One of my favorite things is the fact that our bedroom has three big east facing windows. Such a good way to awaken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely first view to wake up to. I love the combination of the highlights and the low lights in this image. Prettiness with a touch of drama! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete