I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 27 June 2010

Shipley Wharf

Another view of Shipley Wharf, which is along the Leeds-Liverpool Canal about half a mile east of Saltaire. You can see Salts Mill chimney in the distance - the one at the far right side.

Shipley Wharf is home to Apollo Canal Cruises and Dream Achievers, who run pleasure cruises along the canal, so there are always several boats moored here. "The Cut Waterside Restaurant" is tucked in behind the boats - you can dine at tables on a covered terrace, with a pretty view of the canal. I've never tried it but it has some recent very good reviews. (Its own website currently seems to be undergoing a remake and is unavailable.)


7 comments:

  1. An other great reflection! I'd like to visit the white parts of those buildings above the water.I'm always curious about the inside of houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine photograph. My parents used to live just next to the Canal in Shipley when they were first married - in the 1930s. Somehow I can't imagine it as colourful then as it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love it when settlements make the most of their waterways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great view! Love the reflections and the blue sky with puffy clouds in the background. wonderfully composed. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A charmer of a place to wander.I enjoyed the stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your town looks so charming, makes me want to visit it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty lighting in this scene. So clear and vivid that I would imagine would be a painter's delight. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete