I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Tête-à-tête


Tête-à-tête is the name of these pretty miniature narcissi. (It took me a while to figure out all those accents, my keyboard doesn't speak French very well!) A friend gave me the planted bulbs as a Christmas gift and they have flowered quickly in my cosy little house. They will be short-lived but they do bring a welcome hint of spring to these dark, cold days. I spent a happy few minutes with my iPhone and some apps to add some texture to the image. It looks a bit painterly. My daughter bought me a set of watercolours for Christmas... I wonder if I could actually paint this?

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - what a great thought .. painting up these narcissi - I'm sure you could. Wonderful present - and they can be put outside for next year ... very clever doing the iphone and app thing to add some texture to the image ...

    Delightful ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the more successful texture effects that I've seen; it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes , try to paint this lovely scene, and flowers will last forever !

    (Your problems with french accents make me smile!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...the watercolor effect is perfect for those! One of my favorite flowers!

    Yes, try out the paints! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work on this photo. I love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some of these in hanging baskets, they are just poking their heads through, they are such a welcome sight in the drabness of winter. The effect you have done is very good, I'm sure you could paint them.
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was a painting. Go for it have a try at painting it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too Jenny, I also thought it was a painting.. Very creative image.

    ReplyDelete