Sunday, 27 May 2012
Fone fling 1
So, I finally got myself an iPhone ('big 0' birthday present!) - mainly to keep up with the rest of my family, but just think what it will do: calls, messages, emails, diary, calendar, 'to do' list, web surfing, music, news, ebook reader.. oh yes, and camera too. OK, it's a bit of an indulgence but I'm hoping it will become a real help to me especially because I'm deaf and find ordinary phones nigh on impossible to use. For one thing, it means I can talk to my family (free) via 'Facetime'. My daughter and I tried this and it was great - super clear picture, I could lip-read her and see her gestures. It was actually better than Skype, which tends to break up a lot.
I have yet to fathom 99% of it but I did attempt a few photos during the week. I thought it might be fun to 'dump' them on my blog every so often. You can see whether I get more skilful with it as time goes on. Since I'm used to a big heavy DSLR, it feels really weird. So far I've taken at least five photos of my finger!
1. Indulgence at work on a hot day - rhubarb pie and ice cream, thanks to my generous work colleagues
2. Spare action plans...that'll be Plan C then....
3. Exuberant little azalea in my tiny front garden
4. A reminder on a postcard
5. Building works at Salts Mill, making a grander visitor entrance
6. Family of geese on the canal, spotted as I walked home from work