I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 19 April 2014

Whispering grass


Yomping around Batty Moss up at Ribblehead and given that the rain was driving hard, I gratefully accepted a suggestion from the workshop leader to concentrate on smaller, lower 'landscapes'. It was quite amazing to slow down and notice how many different types of grass, mosses and sedges there were, of all different textures and colours. I longed for a macro lens - I could have happily spent hours up there if it had not been quite so wet and cold. After a bit of experimenting with slow shutter speeds, I liked the soft effect of these blown grasses.

5 comments:

  1. You are getting a lot of photography in these days well done. I don't think I would like to go out in the wet and cold though. Our Camera Club went to the Gallery of modern art last Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent rather a large proportion of my life yomping about on wet moorland and rather like your interpretation of it. I had a thing about mosses and sedges - which resulted in many a wet foot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful ! I can hear it whisper almost !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - looks almost lie fur or hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I paged down and could only see the very top of the photo, I thought it was a dog! haha.

    ReplyDelete