I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Arncliffe


Prettily planted with daffodils, Arncliffe is a typical Dales village, with stone houses clustered around a village green.  If it looks vaguely familiar to some, it may be because it found fame as the original setting for the TV soap 'Emmerdale Farm'. Now just called 'Emmerdale', these days the series is filmed on a purpose-built set on the Harewood House estate. I imagine Arncliffe's residents are quite glad about that!

9 comments:

  1. lovely English view ! I love it ! thanks for sharing ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really must get around to exploring this part of England!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they are Jenny, such a pretty scene.. Can imagine it wouldn't be much fun having TV crews around all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I dream about England (and I often do..) that's how I see it! Just perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's gorgeous, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful place. And it doesn't look to have changed much since I was last there 35 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up with your rambles --- I particularly liked the shots at Hellifield railway station. And this little village makes me nostalgic for a life I've never lived -- except in imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daffodils brighten up nearly any scene, even in a fairly plain village like this one.

    ReplyDelete