I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 18 May 2017

A sea of blue


I wish I could transport you to Hirst Woods to see (and smell) the bluebells. They really are spectacular this year. I don't know why people travel to the more 'famous' woods to see them when there are these on our doorstep. I would have expected the woods to be packed with people on a stunningly beautiful spring day - but there was just me and my camera, and a handful of dog-walkers. Photos don't do them justice really. The woods are a sea of colour as far as the eye can see - although the colour actually changes from a pinky mauve in the sunshine to a deep, deep blue/purple in the shade. 




7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I'll have to find Hirst Woods. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I can sense the fragrance from here.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny - the bluebells this year have been wonderful ... just being at peace in that sea of blue-green ... gorgeous ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete