I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 20 August 2010

Eye candy

I don't know what it is about all these pinks and greens but they're such a soothing sight. Dove Cottage garden is a photographer's paradise but none of my photos do justice to this delightful place. I've lived in this area for many years and I hadn't heard of it until my friend told me about it. I was glad I'd made time to visit. Being herbaceous, its beauty peaks in July/early August - so I must remember to go again next year.

11 comments:

  1. Ah this exubrerance of English gardens. I've posted the formal gardens of Versailles, I just can't help preferring an English border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope it's marked in your diary already, it is so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I go to the Dove Cottage website and look at the first photograph on the home page I can just about make out the village where I grew up. And still I did not know about the place. We have friends visiting next week, perhaps I will take them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a well placed garden to keep color going through the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eye Candy for sure. We have had too much rain this year, many things washed away. Last year was so hot and dry things didn't grow well either. Maybe next year we will get it right, until then, I will enjoy your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing nicer, in my opinion, than an English herbaceous border! And this is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such colors, amazing how beautiful nature is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet this is a sight to see. I'd love to see more next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is absolutely glorious! And the name Dove Cottage sounds so pretty too! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete