I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 6 June 2011

Zumba Party in the Park



Such a joyful scene in Roberts Park, Saltaire on Sunday when lots of young women got together for a 'Zumba Party in the Park' to raise money for The Haven in Leeds, an organisation that provides support and counselling for women with breast cancer.








The mass zumba workout was organised by the proprietor of Shipley dance school 'The DM Academy', Deana Morgan, who was herself diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006.  (Zumba, for those who don't know, is the latest fitness craze, fusing dance moves with Latin rhythms. "Ditch the workout, join the party!")






I must say it looked like lots of fun.  There was a great atmosphere in Roberts Park, enlivened still further by the arrival of the local Shipley fire crew! (Who could blame them for coming along to lend support..?)




(Click on photos to view them bigger.)

11 comments:

  1. Looks a lot more fun than going to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great time for everyone, and to help a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ambiance and I can see you didn't zumba your self but took photos around??? ... All joking aside :) breast cancer is something so frequent between my close friends - in Japan, France and Germany as well- I would have participated to the party me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I was able to exercise I'd be Zumba ing!

    I do really enjoy visiting your blog, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see people having fun, getting fit and raising money for a good cause. I like Zumba too, but I hurt my knee and haven't been able to do it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am tired just looking at this. What, you didn't dance?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I didn't dance! I'm hopelessly badly co-ordinated - and the moves were highly choreographed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look fun, I have heard Zumba is a great workout too. Perfect day for it and I love seeing all the pink colors to represent this universally worthy cause. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Congratulations from Pigeon Lake Alberta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! What fun everyone is having!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard this is fun and a good workout.

    ReplyDelete