I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 30 June 2014

Coming along nicely


Jack asked for an update on the community gardening scheme in the Caroline Street car park in Saltaire - see here for original post. Well, although I'm very much a non-gardener, to my untrained eye it all seems to be progressing nicely. I am not sure of the rules for harvesting the crops. I presume you have to have done some of the hard work to benefit, but it all looks quite healthy - herbs, salad leaves, courgette plants (I think), beans and peas growing up the sticks. It is an interesting use of a former shrubbery in the corner of the car park.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea. It shows people how much you can grow in a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is progressing nicely. I continue to be amazed that they can do much in such a constrained space.

    ReplyDelete