I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Game, set and match


Last Sunday was a day for getting out and getting up high; such a bright, clear day with a blue sky and lots of fluffy clouds. You could see for miles. I really wanted to get back in time to watch the French Open tennis final between Nadal and Dokovic so I didn't want to go too far. A brisk uphill walk through Moorhead took me to this vantage point overlooking the Aire valley beyond Saltaire, looking to Bingley and Eldwick and beyond. Then back through Northcliffe Park. Aren't I lucky that a stroll can take me through such lovely spots? And yes, the tennis was worth watching too!

5 comments:

  1. I think I might have missed the tennis if I found myself in such glorious surroundings. I'd have waited for Wimbledon when the weather is bound to be miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best of days, jennyfreckles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live in such a beautiful area, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great walks, great views and great photos Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I sat on pins and needles waiting to watch the finals of the French Open. What magnificent matches! Such strength, stamina and skill! Breath taking! Can't wait for Wimbledon!

    ReplyDelete