I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Four rows of plant pots


Saltaire Festival 2014 - the 'Open Gardens' event seems to have become a fixture on the first weekend of the Festival, even if its timing - as autumn begins - sometimes means the gardens are bit past their prime. It's a lovely opportunity to see what lies inside the little yards, enclosed by high walls, at the back of Saltaire's village houses. Many people have bright rows of plant pots. I can only admire their patience in watering them throughout the dry spells over the summer.




5 comments:

  1. I like container gardening, you can get a different look every year! How interesting to be able to take a peek at the rows of back gardens. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first shot should be titled 'summer' .. Red geraniums remind me of hot weather and swimming pools :) must have been fun having a peek inside other people's hot houses Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rows of flowers gave you some great shots. The red geraniums are really striking and I could see how they would grow well there in you climate. It is fun to see all the differently designed pots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I garden in pots too and it is a real chore when it gets really hot! Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plant some geraniums in pots, too, but it is tough keeping them looking decent during a hot, dry spell. I have much more luck with the pots that have been filled with coleus.

    ReplyDelete