I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 10 November 2014

A wood in autumn



The woodland floor is covered in beech leaves and beech mast but some of the trees are still surprisingly green, even now in early November. We haven't had much frost yet and it has been an exceptionally mild autumn.  This is my local wood, Hirst Woods: beloved of dog-walkers, children wanting adventure and me. In fact, most local residents seem to relish the beauty and tranquillity of this small area just of the edge of Saltaire village. You are rarely alone on your walks there, though the presence of other people doesn't seem to intrude on the sense of peace.

5 comments:

  1. Autumn colors are wonderful, both the picture are magic, saluti Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, Jenny! I always feel a bit more comfortable with a few other people around in such a location. I guess that is the city-girl in me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! We are blesses with woods on our farm but they are mostly too steep for easy walking,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can easily see how this very attractive area appeals to you. I like walking and this place looks like a wonderful place to walk. (With a camera.)

    ReplyDelete