I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Pip Hall



Saltaire Arts Trail 2015 - I had the privilege of watching Pip Hall at work, one of several artists and craftspeople giving demonstrations of their skill. I have long admired her carving and have visited some of the sites of the Stanza Stones, a project on which she collaborated with the poet Simon Armitage, hand- carving his poems into rocks on the high Pennine moorland watershed. (See left and link here.) I'm not sure exactly why I feel drawn to rock, but I do. I have a line of sea-smoothed pebbles along a shelf in my sitting room and I love them.
Pip teaches short workshops in basic technique - another thing I'd love to try!










2 comments:

  1. Nice to know things from your post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very impressive, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete