I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 9 May 2015

Yeadon Tarn


Typically, on the day my family returned to London, the weather brightened up again. I didn't have time to go far but a trip to Yeadon Tarn provided some sunshine, fresh air and a little bit of exercise. The lake is used for fishing and sailing but sadly there were no boats on the water while I was there. There is a level, surfaced footpath all the way round making an easy path for children to rollerskate, cycle or use those little scooters that are suddenly having a renaissance (adult cycling is prohibited) and it's good for mobility scooters too. In fact it's a great place for families. There have been efforts made to create a wildlife area at one end, with dipping ponds and  the beginnings of some reed beds. There are birds to watch - I saw geese, swans and mallards plus a few coots, moorhens and even a great crested grebe; a nice playground and a BMX track. There were two ice cream vans too, one at each end of the lake. I judged it still too cool to indulge in my first ice cream of 2015!

4 comments:

  1. I love how the geese seem to be enjoying the view too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice place for a morning jog, followed by some ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a cute scene with the mother and kids. Geese? Not my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the word 'tarn'! So romantic!

    ReplyDelete