I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 17 September 2017

Food, glorious food


Saltaire Festival 2017
The Festival's first weekend has a community feel that increases year on year. Some people open their gardens to visitors and there is a growing trend for 'pop-up' events. They can be anything from record fairs and vintage sales to live music, in people's homes or yards. This year there were a number of food stalls too; there's an enthusiastic 'foodie' movement in the area - gardeners, cooks and food bloggers. A family on Titus Street were selling authentic Spanish paella, cooked on an open fire in a large, traditional pan. I managed to snap a quick photo through the front door. It looked delicious and there was a long queue to sample it.

On Katherine Street, there were next-door neighbours providing food out of their tiny kitchens: one selling soup and a rabbit ragu and the other a range of Portuguese sweets and savouries. Tempting!


5 comments:

  1. I have not yet had my breakfast and now I feel REALLY hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny - I'm off for another coffee - before I think too much about these goodies. What a lovely way for the community to get together and share life ... as well as raising funds. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete