I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 1 October 2010

Weather vane


One of the interesting things about exploring the roof space in Salts Mill (see here) was being up close to the 'twin towers'.  I have shown several photos of these from the ground (see here and here) as they rank as one of my favourite bits of Saltaire.  There is just something about them that I love... it's the symmetry, the colour of the stone against the sky and, above all, how they look different in different lights and weather conditions.  And looking through the rooflights they look different again.  You can see the weather vane in detail from up there.  And this photo is typical of the weather we've been having!  Dull, grey, drizzly, misty - very autumnal.  This is a monochrome photo but the original version didn't have much more colour.

8 comments:

  1. I like weather vanes ! we have not a lot of them around here..
    It seems that autumn already reached your side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving these glimpses of Saltaire. I've been a fan of the place ever since I found out about Sir Titus and his plan to get his workers out of dirty Bradford! (I have Bradford ancestry - I'm allowed to say that)

    I'm new to your blog so I don't know - have you any photos of the alpacas? Or my personal favourite - the Belwarp trademark on the side of the mill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting perspective of your favourite buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Similar weather here. Still it makes for lovely pictures like you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog! Saltaire is an amazing place - I love Industrial history and architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really are intersting and nice to see. Lovely photo also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your links really helped me see the overall of where you were when you took this. Ahhhh, now I see! Love the weathervane and the tower it resides on! Cool perspective. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete