I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 8 November 2009

Rainbow

We've had sunshine and showers for a few days now - and in those conditions I always look for rainbows. They still give me a thrill; the shimmering, ephemeral band of colour does seem sent to remind us to be hopeful and positive... after the storm comes the sun. I was glad I had my camera to hand to capture this perfect arc over Saltaire, just before it faded to nothing.


"You may grind their souls in the selfsame mill, You may bind them, heart and brow; But the poet will follow the rainbow still, And his brother will follow the plow."

John Boyle O'Reilly 'The Rainbow's Treasure'


2 comments:

  1. You catch the rainbow so well. I always find them so difficult to capture.

    ReplyDelete