I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 9 November 2009

Window with lace

I think I could publish a whole book of photographs of windows and doors in Saltaire. I am fascinated by them. Perhaps it's because they make me wonder about what's inside and the lives of the people in the houses - not just the present inhabitants, but all those who have gone before. The houses are about 150 years old, so if they had stayed in the same family, that's five or six generations. Mine is the eighth family to live in my house.

As windows go, I think this one on Albert Road is one of the prettiest. I love this style of window with the rounded top. The ivy on the outside, the lace blind and the flowers make an attractive combination.

1 comment:

  1. I love windows and doors too.
    Maybe you should collect these photos, and have a book printed.
    (I have an "old" book, about front doors in London. I love it!)

    Anyway, thanks for sharing this beautiful window!
    It is really pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete