I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 5 November 2010

Onwards & upwards


For many years, passengers negotiated the complicated triangular layout of Shipley railway station by a series of underpasses - indeed, you still can.  But quite recently, I suspect for health & safety reasons, they have built a new footbridge over one of the lines and installed passenger lifts too.  I'm pleased, because it's quite an isolated place, especially in the evenings when it's dark, and I never really liked the tunnels.

Perhaps I was bored waiting for a train or perhaps something about the lines and shadows here appealed to my subconscious.  At any rate, I took a couple of photos before my train arrived.

(Only THREE days left for voting in the 'Yorkshire Landscapes' Competition.  I've got photos into the last 100 and would love to make the final shortlist.  The competition is strong.  If you haven't already voted, please do! For more details, see my post last Saturday or click here to vote.)

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting, well-organized blog to which I want to go back there and back.
    Best wishes
    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've framed this shot. It really is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting patterns in this shot. It is hard to tell which way is what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choice of angle to demonstrate best the bannister while keeping the repetition theme of the stairs.
    If I don't catch any of your posts over the weekend as I'm away..my best wishes to you for the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the lines and shadows in this shot too. I wish I could vote for you more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo-- colors and angles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some very steep looking steps that look like they would really give a workout! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete