I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 26 November 2010

Knit wit


One of the solid old stone Victorian buildings in the centre of Hebden Bridge is reflected in the window of a (rather smart and trendy) haberdasher's shop.  Hebden Bridge is full of arty, crafty, interesting, independent shops.  For many years the area has been a bit of a magnet for creative types.  Since the 1970s it has had an increasingly lively population of artists, photographers, writers, musicians, alternative practitioners, teachers, green and New Age activists.  The surrounding area (being within easy commuting distance of Leeds, Bradford and Manchester) is home to some fairly well-heeled folk, who have snapped up the interesting old buildings dotted around the moors and hillsides and converted them into lovely individualistic homes.

This links in to James' Weekend Reflections - see here for more.

23 comments:

  1. OO!I do love a nice hank of wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrast between the dark silhouette and the colorful yarn!I'd like to go in this shop, it's the kind where I can lose a lot of money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this kind of 'shop front' subject; I did a lot of it when I lived near Copenhagen back in the '80s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shop front and the colorful yarn! Terrific composition and a really great shot! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I have to say you nailed it with the title... Lovely colorful wools with that old building and blue sky reflection... Worth enlarging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so fun.
    Couldn't find any refelction, but who cares, when you can have a hank or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That place sounds very intriguing to me. Yarn always catches my eye too! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice display ; the person who did it was very creative... And you used her work quite wisely, by taking this shot with just the right angle to enhace this incredible skirt of knit wit...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the reflection! And it would be very fun to browse through that shop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply love this shot Jenny!
    have a great weeknd:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely capture!

    have a great weekend

    cheers from Uruguay :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yarn is delicious and the display so creative! Love the way you photographed it and told the story to complete the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautifully shot. I love the way the yarn is displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely reflection shot. I would lose a few minutes in that shop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a great neighborhood. You've got to love the small business owners who have the where-with-all to maintain a creative workplace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wish I knitted or crocheted -- an excuse to buy that gorgeous yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice reflection but really love that display of color. Wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds an interesting place to visit. It is funny how some places attract the Arts and crafts people.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My wife would have loved that display :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool reflections and I love the colorful yarns.

    Ciao,
    Gina
    The Pagan's Eye

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the reflections but I also like the colors of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete