I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 14 March 2019

Freeze dried


I don't really know what this plant is but I liked the look of it, even though it was dried up and frosted. I was practising with my new camera, with a wide aperture to get a shallow depth of field. It's not easy (for me!) getting the point of focus in the right place. There's a joystick thingy that you can move around to shift the focus point but I'm not very dextrous with it yet. I quite like the effect that the lens gives to the background blur. It has a different appearance from that produced by my previous camera.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it's easy for anyone to get the focus spot on; the only answer is to have lots of attempts and hope you nail it at least once in a while! (Well, that's what I do).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some sort of yarrow. And I like the photo...the blurred ones in the background....all very nice.

    ReplyDelete