I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 3 March 2019

NT East Riddlesden


Although it's quite expensive, I've decided to renew my National Trust membership for another year. It's often costly to get into NT properties anyway, so if I visit a few (like I did last year) I will get the most out of it. I've decided I like the feeling of 'ownership' that you get from being a member and contributor. It's good to be helping to care for the lovely places. It also means I can pop along to my nearest NT property, East Riddlesden Hall, anytime I like. It's quite a small property, a 17th century manor house - but 'perfectly formed', as they say. (Click the label at the bottom of this post to see more info and photos taken on other visits I've made here).

Despite the warm weather, the gardens are looking a bit bare as yet, though there were snowdrops and crocuses in the woodland garden.


The house sits on a ridge above the flood plain of the River Aire (which runs through the trees on the right) and there's a good view of the valley from the side garden. The property's estate includes the field lower down and there's a nature trail to explore beside the river.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Your photos inspire me to get outdoors.
    Thank you Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A treasure well worth visiting again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The NT is a marvelous organization worthy of your support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least there's a bit of colour starting to come out, very promising.

    ReplyDelete