I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 12 December 2010

Christmas tree


We saw its reflection yesterday - and here is the Christmas tree itself, in the majestic setting of the 1853 Gallery in Salts Mill, Saltaire.  In the background, photographs of the artist David Hockney survey the scene.  He was born in this area and has strong personal connections with Salts Mill.  The 1853 Gallery holds the largest permanent collection of his artwork in the world.  And yes, I confess, I was doing some late-night shopping in the bookstore in the Mill!

18 comments:

  1. beautiful - I do so love old buildings that have been given a new lease of life but still hold their original character..I'm sure the mill must be a delightful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree! This is one to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Christmas tree Jenny.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be breathtaking in real life. Nice place to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the kind of tree I grew up with...small needles and open so that all the ornaments and lights show....beautiful!
    PS David Hockney was always one of my favorite photographers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Looks so charming and old fashioned. Gotta go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tree - and setting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has very unusual and soft colors! I hope you found plenty of good books!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful sight. I like how old buildings can get reused into very fine commercial buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! I love how the greens are circling the packages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty!Having just put the last icicles and candy canes on our tree, I know wat it tales to decorate such a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Mill bookshop. Though I tend to spend more on art materials when I'm there!

    Gorgeous tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice shot!
    I love the shadows here.
    Nicely done. :)
    Beautiful tree!

    Hope you have a great week ahead!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I was hoping you would show us a picture of this! What a beautiful tree skirt that wonderful array of Christmas greens makes. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm rather Scrooge-like about xmas trees, having been in the seasonal business for 25 years, but this is a very warm tree.

    ReplyDelete