I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 21 August 2016

Me and my stick


This is my younger granddaughter. She'll soon be two and is growing up fast. She is a prolific 'signer', having benefitted from the baby-signing lessons she has been to with her mum, but is now learning lots of words. Sometimes I just wish I could bottle moments for posterity... like the moment recently when we were all having lunch together and she gave me the most adorable smile and simply said: 'Happy'. She is a contented little soul. She is also a stick-gatherer extraordinaire. I think stick-gathering must be some atavistic human trait but maybe we grow out of it.

8 comments:

  1. A gorgeous granddaughter and a wonderful portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, she is so beautiful! I wish they wouldn't grow up so fast. Mine are 12, 8 and 4 and it seems like they were just babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose we do grow out of that. She's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny - what a delight ... wonderful to see and fantastic to think about: HAPPY ... oh yes ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete