I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 1 August 2016

The Sheep Show


Bingley Show 2016 -  Can sheep laugh?  It seemed to me that these two were having a good giggle...
They were part of the 'cast' of 'The Sheep Show', a new innovation at this year's Bingley Show.  I didn't see all the show so I don't know what they were involved in - but I did watch one of the sheep being shorn. It looked like hard physical work for the shearer, made more difficult as he was keeping up a running commentary through a head microphone all the time!  The other sheep appeared to be watching intently and with some concern. I never realised they had such personality.



5 comments:

  1. The other sheep really do seem to be watching the action! Good shots, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I'd feel safe with Susie stood behind me like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed your 'encounters with animals' series Jenny. The bird shots are fabulous, the feather colours and patterns are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt the sheep are happier when it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! Last November I was at my daughter's place in South Africa when they had some guys over to shear the sheep. It was a real hoot. I never knew that the shearing takes the wool off in one big sheet.

    ReplyDelete