I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 20 August 2016

Messing about in a river


I had a few days off work (using up all my leave prior to retirement!) and it coincided with some very pleasant weather, so when I was visiting my daughter we decided to have a picnic down by the stream. It's such a pretty spot, called Jack Bridge, where the Pennine Way long-distance footpath crosses the River Colden over an ancient stone bridge. There was a cotton mill here at one time but it has been demolished and little remains to hint at the industrial past. The river bed is flat and shallow in parts, ideal for little ones to paddle and skim stones.


3 comments:

  1. The old footbridge is quite appealing. It doesn't take long for nature to remove the marks of humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical place for children (and grownups as well!)

    ReplyDelete