I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 5 December 2017

A lick of paint


Astonishingly, it's seven years since the bandstand was reinstated in Saltaire's Roberts Park during a major renovation programme (see HERE). I'm laughing because, in my original post, I said: "I'm looking forward to a retirement enlivened by Sunday concerts in the park. Some way to go yet, but I live in hope!" Well, retirement arrived, happily, and the bandstand does not disappoint. It is well used in the summer for concerts and as a focal point for all sorts of events and celebrations. It was beginning to look a bit faded, with a few rust patches showing through on the metal pillars. I noticed they have just about finished repainting it, so that should see it (and me) through another few years of enjoyable entertainment.

6 comments:

  1. It's an odd thing, this retirement. There should be 8 hours of free time every day of the week - but where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good they are keeping it well cared for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bandstand has an ageless charm. Your photo will keep its beauty forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an attractive place for entertainment. Elizabeth Park has a temporary stage and is hoping to find a donor to fund a more permanent one. It won't look like this one.

    ReplyDelete