I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 2 December 2017

In the rain



'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance fish in the rain.'

I braved a dull and drizzly afternoon to get some exercise, taking a brisk walk along the canal towpath.  There were two fishermen, side by side, on the canal bank, both under huge umbrellas. Maybe they could talk without seeing one another... or maybe they didn't talk. But if they didn't chat, why did they choose to sit right beside each other?...  On a solitary walk such musings float through my mind like fish.



6 comments:

  1. Jenny for a moment you had me puzzled....but now I see you are standing on the pretty Dowley Gap stone crossover bridge....and behind, that must be the aquaduct over the River Aire. In my time there used to be an occupied lock keepers house, and a pub by the road....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes for a great pic, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely scene. I've never understood the appeal of fishing, but then again, I don't care for seafood either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... I hope they caught some fish!
    What a peaceful scene.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another pretty scene. I am not a fisherman, but I have noticed that it is a silent hobby of people who stand together. An investigation is called for.

    ReplyDelete