I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Devon: Lynmouth at night


After sunset one night, a few of us went down to Lynmouth, the nearby resort, to take some night shots. Places appear totally transformed at night, don't they? It was a bit of a muddled scene with all the varied colour temperatures of the lights. The tide was out (again) too so the boats in the harbour were stranded on mud, which made for a less than pleasing aesthetic in my view. Never mind, you can only photograph what's there... It was atmospheric though and pleasant on a summer's evening, so warm that it felt like being in the Med!




5 comments:

  1. That second photo is especially pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love these images Jenny.. it's fascinating to see the boats like this when the tide is out. I seem to think our lot anchor their boats a little further out, I don't recall seeing them like this. Gorgeous quiet street scenes last two shots, you are so right, everything looks completely different in the evening ✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your third shot particularly draws my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The exciting night-life of Lynmouth! I rather like the boats stranded on the mud, really captures the feel of the place for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are interesting and good night shots. Lots of story telling. I like the star lights and reflections. Night photography isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete