I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 13 November 2018

St Peter's poppies


I know I said I'm done with poppies but there was such a beautiful display in my church, St Peter's, on Remembrance Sunday that I felt like I wanted to record it here for posterity (or however long a blog will realistically live on...)

Church members designed and created every bit: the amazing flower arrangements (particularly appreciated by me as I can't even arrange daffodils in a jug!) created by Ann and the team who provide a similarly lovely display every single Sunday; the painting done by Christine, a skilful artist who has also created some of our stained glass in the church; and the poppy cascade, envisaged and crafted from cupcake cases by a visionary gentleman called Ian, with a little help from others in the actual making of them. 

The brass war memorial in the entrance lists the names of men in the Parish who died in WWI and the book underneath contains names from WWII and other conflicts.



4 comments:

  1. What beauty in remembrance of such horrors. Your community must have felt a great loss from each conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the display with the pulpit that particularly draws my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny- the organisers did everyone proud ... those lost, those families, the village - and what artistic work ... delighted to have seen it all - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love poppies - they stand out so well which is why they are probably used for this purpose.

    ReplyDelete