I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 4 November 2018

Lil Rabbitfoot


Lil Rabbitfoot (Samantha Yates) is a maker of stained glass, who now has a studio in Saltaire Makers' Space. I love stained glass anyway, delighting in the way light brings it to life, whether it's in a church window or a sculpture. I first noticed Sam's work in a garden during this year's Saltaire Festival and enjoyed its vibrancy, simplicity and clarity. It's no surprise that she has had a career spanning environmental science, civil engineering and horticulture. Perhaps it seems a jump to creative crafts but her work shows the influences of her background. I particularly like these leaves; she had some stunning geometric panels on display and her little 3D cacti are rather cute.   


8 comments:

  1. Civil engineer to stained glass artist - quite a leap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make beautiful garden sculptures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny - amazing work ... and yes as John says - but talented and passionate she must be ... so pleased you connected with her ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these and the engineer's eye must help her a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever! I think I'd be too clumsy myself.

    ReplyDelete