I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 20 December 2010

Lion window


Some of you want more of these 'Living Advent Calendar' windows!  Each year different people (to a large extent anyway) participate, which is why it's such fun hunting for the windows.  You never know where the next one will appear.

The window at 68 Victoria Road this year shows this striking portrait of one of the stone lions that sits just outside the Victoria Hall, guarding the centre of Saltaire.  There are four lions - and I think this is the one called 'Determination'.  I showed photos of all four of them in a post in the early days of my blog (see here).  I am amazed at the skill and imagination shown by those who decorate these windows.  I'd never have thought of doing that.

13 comments:

  1. In some cities around here, we have the same kind of things with cribs. It's really funny to look for the next one, and it's a good way to make everyone visit all the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's wonderful. One of the four in the square, I assume?

    It's superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous and I admire the skill that has gone in to producing it - puts to me shame with my stickmen!! although Lowry would be proud of me :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful window decoration.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's especially wonderful to see expressions of creativity where you don't expect to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. I love your 'Living Advent Calendar' windows, and wish I could see them all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're certainly very striking

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea, the windows are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is an interesting new tradition for your city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an interesting to put in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I didn't realize you had to hunt for them, I was thinking there was a schedule. Thanks so much for doing this for us! How beautiful to have the lion overlap like that, very powerful looking. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete