I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 17 February 2018

Blue note


A canal boat moored up for the winter made a picture that pretty much sums up how I feel at this stage of the year. Blue, dull, scratchy with slight glimmers of bright yellow here and there.

I know I shouldn't complain. All the rain and snow we've had means we're certainly not short of water like some places. The nights are beginning to get shorter again and there are bulbs peeping up through the soil - even in my garden! (I actually got around to planting some tulips and crocus in tubs, quite an achievement since I do not possess a single green finger, though I love gardens.) I've been planning a summer holiday, which is fun and escapist, but I'm longing for some dry days so I can go out and explore and to take some more photos.

5 comments:

  1. That's the logo of the Blue Note record label who recorded lots of jazz during the 50s and 60s. It's been bright and sunny down here for the last couple of days though I've been rather lethargic and lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your plans...plants (flowers!) and holiday! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of Johnny Dankworth and Cleo Laine at Ronnie Scotts. "On a clear day you can see for ever!" They were lovely. Also Acker Bilk with his "Stranger on the shore". Wonderful music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to take advantage of the sunny days at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also reminded of the record label!

    ReplyDelete