I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 13 July 2018

Potty about plants 5


Shipley Open Gardens - The house above wasn't one of the show gardens but I liked it so much that I took a photo anyway, as I passed by. Roses seem to be doing particularly well this year and I loved the colour combinations here. It reminded me (again) of my grandparents who had a wonderful climbing rose billowing over their fence.

The foliage and plants below were an attractive combination of colour and shape too, I thought. Alliums and some kind of centaurea, I think...


A yellow rose against a yellow garage door...


And some attractively contrasting foliage colour and texture:


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots, Jenny. You say the roses are doing well this year - so it's not due to my skillful amateur pruning, then? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you took that wonderful picture of the house covered with climbing roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People ask me how to prune roses, and I haven't a clue. They seem to survive, no thanks to me.

    ReplyDelete