I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 6 February 2019

Dogwood


I was fascinated by the brightly coloured dogwood bushes planted alongside the airport runway. With a clear blue sky, it seemed to make a rather good abstract - spoiled only, perhaps, by the perimeter fence. For some reason, it put me in mind of 'the most expensive photo ever sold', a photo of the River Rhine by Andreas Gursky (see HERE) which sold for $4.3 million in 2011, and which is now the second most expensive photo ever sold, having been beaten by the $6.5 million paid for a photo by Peter Lik in 2014. If anyone wants to offer me $2 million - a bargain price - for 'Dogwood', please get in touch!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - I so agree with you the dogwood is delightful to look at ... lovely photo ... and yes I hope you get a few takers and a bidding war materialises! We can't see anything down here today ... healthy mist! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful...and the two, or maybe 3 fences also say something to me. Go for 3 million.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I agree as well, the photo does feel abstract.
    Please do let us know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love dogwood planted in drifts of colour. If you ever feel the need to drive to Milton Keynes come at this time of year - the municipal planting is good in all seasons but the dogwood is magnificent on certain verges. Some routes are at their best when the roses are out, others for their Autumn foliage. One of the few things I can like about the city closest to where I live. xx Rusty

    ReplyDelete