I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 16 February 2019

Loafers


Halifax's Piece Hall has several cafés and bars to choose from. I decided to sample the brew in Loafers, a cosy venue that combines a coffee bar and vinyl record shop.  Good choice! The coffee was excellent, though I wasn't quite brave enough to sample the more exotic blends. You have good music to listen to whilst you sip your drink... double the pleasure. They also sell music-related art prints (by Matt, Vinyl Soul Images), which make a colourful display around the walls.


I had a lovely conversation with another photographer, a young man sitting at the next table. He was taking photos of the coffee and the view. With the sun streaming in, it was too good a shot to miss, though I should have taken mine before I drank my coffee! I also chatted to the owner, Mark Richardson, who seems a lovely, friendly guy and was very welcoming. He and his wife not only run the busy shop, which has been open about 18 months, they also have a young baby too. They must work hard! 


(I'm resolved to be braver about asking people for portraits. It's 'a big ask' for a deaf introvert like me! So far, no-one has objected...)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - lovely photos and what a tranquil place to have a coffee, while listening to some vinyl. That's good you've decided to do some more portraits ... and I think it'll open people's eyes to what can be done if we communicate and ask, while highlighting deafness to others. I've learnt so much more since my mother was ill and thus I spent a lot of time with people in hospital and around others ... I am much more aware of challenges others face and have learnt to think about other possibilities in life. Good luck - you seem to have the right attitude and you'll chat and make friends with your potential 'client' ... good luck. Enjoy the warmer weekend, while it's here - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your portrait turned out quite well, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the kind of place I think I'd enjoy. As long as the music let you still talk with friends, i.e. not too loud. Was it ok for you to listen to?

    ReplyDelete