I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 28 February 2019

Time for breakfast


When I woke up and opened the curtains last Sunday morning, I noticed the sun was trying to burn through the fog and I could see the conditions were great for photography. So, unusually for me, I decided to forego my cuppa and my usual leisurely breakfast, dressed quickly and set off for a walk. It was wonderfully atmospheric and beautiful alongside the canal and in the woods. As I went down onto the towpath, a boat was mooring up and the smoke from its stove added to the misty effect. When I was heading home after an hour or so, the same boat was passing through Hirst Lock, so I guess they'd just stopped for breakfast before getting on their way again. 

I was ready for mine by the time I got home! 

6 comments:

  1. That's a wonderfully atmospheric shot, but I'd have had to have my morning cuppa first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whiff of the peculiar sulphuric Yorkshire coal smoke on a cold morning is extremely evocative to me. As a teen I would gather coal smalls, put the kettle on the hot cabin stove and mash the boatmen a pot of tea. Meanwhile, one lit a squib and swung the heavy engine flywheel whilst the other cast off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Thanks you for getting out there and capturing this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely foggy day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A foreign world which you've given us a glimpse of...it speaks of quietness, damp, and cold too. I would not have taken the risk against that weather to find such a beautiful composition, especially without my cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fog is so often ideal for the photographer! A wonderful take.

    ReplyDelete