I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 30 July 2019

Not the pipe band...


I went down to Roberts Park one evening to watch the Bradford Pipe Band, who were advertised as conducting a rehearsal in the park. They were a no-show, probably on account of a sudden rain shower earlier in the evening, though the rain had stopped by the advertised time. I did, however, get to see another band on the river: a flotilla of goosander, some 30 in total. They looked like females and juveniles. I've often seen a pair on the canal or river locally and once saw a female with a small brood of babies, but I've never seen such a large group before. At this rate they will be competing with the ever-growing flocks of geese that hang around.

8 comments:

  1. Well you weren't disappointed all together. This is something special and a smashing shot, just beautiful with the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I have never seen so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A duck that we seldom see down here. That's certainly an impressive display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably organized by Eventim to entertain the good people of Roberts Park. The ducks are top quality PVC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photo. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete