I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 25 July 2019

Sports Day


I went to watch my two granddaughters in their school sports day, just before the end of term. One is now seven and the other four. The younger one attends the local primary school part-time at the moment and will begin full-time in September. The seven-year-old has now done two full years there. It is lovely little school, with fewer than 150 pupils. It is friendly and caring, and they have a strong ethos of helping each other. The little ones, when they first start, have one of the older children as a 'buddy' and that really seems to work, giving them confidence, particularly at break times. It's the kind of school I wish all young children had the good fortune to attend.

Sports Day, too, was organised largely in cross-school teams, with about 12 in each team, from the tiniest up to the eldest. My two were in the red team. Here you see them engaged in a game that involved transferring tennis balls from one large box to another, right down the team line, as quickly as they could. I loved how they both threw themselves into everything. The four year old, in particular, attacks life with her whole body! I'm so thankful for them both.

8 comments:

  1. Excellent Jenny ... so pleased for you and the family - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous and they have grown so much. It only seems a few months ago when they were born. Time passes so quickly these days. It sounds a lovely school. They are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The enthusiasm and the affection between them is clear to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to see cooperation is encouraged, and this school sounds like it's really giving kids a good start in life. I was thinking earlier how I used to jump out of bed as a child and move around without a thought for how my body worked - ah, we all were there once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. West Yorkshire schools would appear to have vastly changed for the better. Being a child under my Victorian grandmother's ethos was not pleasant. "Small children should be seen and not heard". I can see her saying it now. Children today, you have it GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That school sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete