I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 4 June 2018

Drum Machine


There was a varied programme of music laid on in Roberts Park and up at Shipley Glen for the event commemorating the 1908 Rally for Suffrage. I was delighted to get another chance to enjoy Drum Machine, a 30 piece drum collective founded by Aid Todd, who are based in Hebden Bridge but take their thrilling beat music all over Yorkshire. You can hear their drumming over on their webpage HERE.



8 comments:

  1. I love these drum / samba bands, we have some that busk in the city centre. When you hear them you can understand why they had drummers leading them into battle.
    Reminds me of Burundi Black. They look good too with the rocker / steam punk outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. I managed to miss our local samba band performing on Saturday - thanks to Govia Thameslink trains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! They are terrific! And I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love listening to these groups...this one looks very serious but I know they're having the time of their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very different attire from what you'd expect out of a drummer band!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting that so many are women.

    ReplyDelete