I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 14 April 2019

Old postcards from the mill


It was cold, wet, windy and I was feeling a little under the weather... (Woke up feeling unpleasantly dizzy, which did wear off but I still felt a bit woozy. No alcohol involved!) So, what to do.... There's really only one answer for those 'down days' and that is to play with photos. I came across this one I'd taken from a window at the back of Salts Mill, a view that is rarely seen unless the new gallery is open. It's a fairly timeless scene so I thought I'd make it look a bit older still, like an old sepia postcard:


Then I tried a moody black and white - 'Trouble at t'mill' maybe :


I think they're all quite pleasing in their own way and I can't choose between them. I suppose you'd choose different treatments according to the purpose for which you wanted to use them.

6 comments:

  1. The last one is good to depict the industrial revolution times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better now. I like all three too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tiny pop of blue in the first one. But the last is the most dramatic. And the middle one is nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My doctor's tip: drink a little more water. Or in Cilla Black's immortal Scouse dialect; a Lorra more! Water goes through the spinal cord, gets in the brain, works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the 2nd one, I actually thought it was an old photo someone else had taken that you'd found.

    ReplyDelete