I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 26 April 2019

World Heritage Day 2019


World Heritage Day was celebrated in Saltaire (a World Heritage Site) this year with a Sundowner event in Roberts Park. It happened to be Easter Saturday and a wonderfully sunny, warm evening as well. The park would have been busy anyway but it was absolutely packed, as people enjoyed jazz in the bandstand, Shakespeare Comedy Mashes (whatever that means... people were performing but I couldn't hear it), the obligatory Easter Egg hunt and plenty of street food and other market stalls. There was a cricket match too. The park looked wonderful with all the trees in blossom, almost as though they'd dressed up for the occasion. 


7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous day for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be one of the most beautiful cricket grounds in the land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny - looks like a wonderful Heritage Day, especially with the weather we had. I just love village cricket grounds like this one ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly looks like people came out and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I regret I've never seen a cricket match in person. I think I'd enjoy the leisurely pace.

    ReplyDelete