I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 12 April 2019

Trying to see the wood for the trees


The theme in my online photo group for March was 'Woods'. The brief said: 'The expression 'cannot see the wood for the trees' is never more appropriate than when trying to compose pictures in the woods.' Isn't that so true? So I really worked hard at finding good compositions and tried to find several different styles of photo. These were the three I most liked, after an hour or two spent wandering around Hirst Woods. Much of March was so windy and wet that venturing into the woods was not to be recommended. Eventually there came a day with a little sunshine, though I would have liked some of the mist we had in February!



5 comments:

  1. In the medieval mind the wood was a symbol for mystery, danger, evil and madness. That first picture conjures up that darkness perfectly for me. (Strange that we now feel that contact with the wilderness is good for our well-being - just shows how mad the so-called civilised world has become, I suppose).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to photograph in the woods but you have done a good job. I like the light in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite one is the second, showing 3 varieties of trees all superimposed over each other naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last one best! They are all good, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first one feels like it is a place of Ents.

    ReplyDelete