I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 10 January 2020

Selfie


Me in a blue mood... The theme for my online group for December was 'Selfie'. I think perhaps it was envisaged that we might dress up in the style of Cindy Sherman, whose work consists exclusively of photographic self-portraits where she imagines herself as different characters. Or we might even copy the Japanese grandmother's hilarious self-portraits HERE. That's just not 'me' however. I've always hated dressing up and I haven't that kind of sense of humour at all.  So my submission was a rather more muted affair, reflected in a blue-toned modern artwork in a gallery.

2019 was a rather blue year in some ways. We hope for better things nationally and globally in 2020. Speaking personally, my world will be a little bluer and a little less yellow in a positive way after today, as I am due to have my second cataract operation. With two plastic lenses, the world will be bright! I am not nearly as apprehensive as I was the first time, now I know what to expect. Yes, there's always a slight risk something could go wrong but que sera sera. I won't be driving or doing anything very vigorous for a week or two afterwards, until it settles down. I've some local pictures that I took in the summer and haven't yet posted, so I think I will take you on a sunny walk to remind us of what we're missing.

6 comments:

  1. Prayers all goes well
    Your selfie is quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to have the yellow tint removed from your vision! I like your blue selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the surgery! Love the selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The selfie is very good. Good luck with the eye surgery. You don't need to remind us of what we will be missing. YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with that surgery. A terrific selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed for your surgery, medical science has come a long way.

    ReplyDelete