I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 11 January 2020

We're going on a Saltaire hunt (1)


(Whilst I recover from eye surgery, with the consequent 'clipping of my wings' - no driving, nothing too strenuous - I'm going to post some local photos I took in the late summer last year (2019). It is nice in winter to look back at brighter days. It does no harm either, on a blog like mine, to do a recap of some of the local sights. They're so familiar to me that I almost take them for granted but it's a while since I showcased the local icons.)

So... We're going on a Saltaire hunt... (no, not a bear hunt - though you can't go under it, you can't go over it... you've got to go through it!). It was a beautiful day (and I wasn't scared) so I decided I'd take a local walk for a change. I'd been out and about so much over the summer, I really hadn't done much around home. Mind you, over the years I've taken so many photos in Saltaire that it begins to be difficult to find a fresh view. Here are the classics, again:

Our first view of Salts Mill (above), from Caroline Street, with the Shipley College horticultural department allotments displaying a few bright red dahlias in the foreground.

We arrive at the main crossroads in the village centre, where Caroline Street and Victoria Road intersect. Looking southwest, a few of the Victoria Road shops lead up to the square where the Victoria Hall sits (out of view on the left) opposite the old school buildings, now part of Shipley College, behind the trees.


Looking northwest from the same spot, the Victoria Road shops continue down to the railway bridge:

4 comments: