I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 21 June 2019

Favourite flowers


Daisies are one of my favourite flowers.
I love the philadelphus or mock orange shrub too, with its pretty white blossom.



























Blue iris were one of my mum's favourites. I have inherited from her several items decorated with iris, including a china mug and a biscuit tin.

Alchemilla mollis, or lady's mantle, look so pretty in the rain as, for some reason, the raindrops bead on the surface of the leaves.





I don't know what the flowers below are. They were prettily blushed in pink and reminded me, for some reason, of shrimps! Can anyone identify the plant?




7 comments:

  1. That is a Begonia which looks as if it is variety 'Angels Wings'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary, thank you! I knew there would be a gardener out there that would know.

      Delete
  2. I bought some blue iris bulbs for a shilling from Lidl and planted them by my front door. They have just put on another terrific display. All I do is talk to them, and he-ho up they come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. June is certainly full of beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing some favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is a beautiful time of year. It has been cooler than normal here so the flowers are lasting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisies are simple and yet beautiful. The purple irises are more complex but are attention getters.

    ReplyDelete